Tuesday 12 October 2010

Aquarius undersea laboratory

Hi all


I have been invited to take part in a live broadcast from the Aquarius habitat which is on the seabed 9 miles from the Florida Keys. You will probably member I visited Florida a few times on my travels. I came very close when I was at the NABS Youth Summit earlier this year. We were due to dive near the Aquarius and look in through the window, but sadly it was too stormy so we changed to another safer dive site.

Ken Stewart, who I met at the Youth Summit, is also working with this NOAA project with the National Association of Black Scuba Divers and the Multicultural Education for Resource Issues Threatening Oceans program. African-American schools and Latino public schools will be taking part. In fact all the shows will be broadcast in English and Spanish. It was Ken who invited me to join in with one of the live broadcasts.
During these live broadcasts, schools who are watching can send in questions and have them answered live during the broadcast. Ken has invited me to send in a question too.
Scientists on the Aquarius

No comments:

Post a Comment